Thursday, December 31, 2009

Adieu to you, 2009. Good riddance. 2010, you better be nice!

New Year's Eve is an interesting night in my book. I remember being younger and crazier, hard to imagine since I'm still crazy just not as young. Getting ready for a big party. Enjoying the process. Make-up, outfit, when do we arrive, when do we leave? It all used to be so fun and mysterious. Now....not so much. And I like it so much more.

Now...here is the plan.

Snuggy pants. check.

Drink in hand. check.

People I love close and safe. check

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve dialed in and ready to rock. check. (Oh Ryan Seacrest, you media-whore you! and I hope Dick doesn't show up. It really brings me down.)

7 layer dip. check. (Ladycakes eats it like a starved child. Cotillion might help that.)

Resolutions. check. (All in my head and totally unattainable. Really Jen, debt-free in 2010?Are you high? 20 pounds lighter? Have another! Reading with your children every night before bed? Get a grip!)

However. I do know that I am lucky and happy. Faced with a few new things but that's okay. From pre-pubescent children to an almost Kindergartener. Old dogs who just keeping getting older and young dogs who act old. Household junk that needs to be handled and so not prepared to take care of them. Honestly, I missed the class on budgeting.

I love my husband. He is calm and in control. He keeps me in check. Ladycakes is lovely. Finding her way and becoming her own darling self. Someone I wish I could be. She will rule the world. Q is brilliant and funny and handsome and wonderful. Elvis. Oh Elvis. I am so glad I have you. I relish each and every moment with you. As my youngest, you remind to stop and remember. Don't just blow through it to get to the next, really enjoy it. No matter how rotten or misbehaved or gross it is.

Adieu 2009. I've had enough. I'm done with you. 2010. I love you. You are fresh and new and full of promise. Tomorrow everything changes.

Happy, Happy friends.
Jen

And because it is...just listen. Add this to my Life Soundtrack.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I hope 2010 loves you right back! Your New Year's celebration sounded much like mine. How about Dick Clark? Did he creep you out a little? He did me. Not a wrinkle on his face. Not one!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks Carol@ Songberries