Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post- 40, Post -Christmas, Pre- New Year Rant

*This picture makes everything I say below go away. I love these boys. I love being their mama. How lucky am I? So f*^%ing lucky!

Life is all new for this 40 year old. I hate 40. I'll get over it. I'll be more positive. It's just going to take awhile. I was going to be that 40 year old who suddenly got it all together. She was physically-fit, financially-fit, emotionally-fit, creatively-fit, wake-up-in-the-morning-rocking-it-fit. I am SO not fit. On so many levels. It's pretty on the outside (okay maybe it's not) but inside, it's ugly. I'll take care of it. I take care of things. 2010. It's gonna be okay. I guarantee it. I'm working on it.

On a lighter note, we got great stuff for Christmas. Seriously great. The people in our life know how to buy gifts. It's something I wish I were better at doing. I make gifts. I'm that annoying friend, sister-in-law, aunt, sister, .....who makes gifts. I should stop. The gifts we got rocked.

Now, how do I get nine, eleven and four year olds to write THANK YOU notes? Threaten them with "Sit your ass down and write thank you notes?" They WILL write thank you notes.

*Mr. Handsome took offense to this, don't take offense, it's just a 40 year old spouting her mouth." Here it comes... super offensive.

It may kill this 40 year old but at least at my funeral, people will say "Her children wrote the nicest thank-you notes!" Did that offend? Hope not but if so, let me know. I can handle it.

This is my post-40, post-Christmas, pre-New-Year rant. I will be better, I promise. Much thanks to my new followers, my readers and my cute family. Thanks for tolerating me. I'm annoying, I know it. But, I've got stuff to talk about damn it.

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful inside & out. Also, I've never in my entire life known anyone to give such amazing, thoughtful, truly cherishable (is that a word?) gifts as you. (And I'm including my late dad here who was pretty damn good at gift giving!)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks Carol@ Songberries